Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Casserole Success!

Well I made the casserole yesterday, the recipe made 3-8x8 pan casseroles which I froze.  Today I thawed one and baked it according to the directions.  I added bread crumbs to the top before baking it b/c I thought it would add a nice crunchy texture.  It took the entire 30 mins to cook in our oven.  I did a taste test, alittle scared b/c it smelled yucky when I was making it, but to my surprise it is delicious!  In the future I may add alittle more chicken and alittle more broccoli.


One another note.  About this time last year, right after we seeded our new lawn a turtle decided to dig up the cool dirt and lay her eggs.  I was at school that day but my Dad was at the house doing the usual construction.  He called me at school and took a picture with his phone to show me when I got home.  He was so excited about it and thought it was so funny that the turtle dug up our grass seed.  Seeing the turtle again today was such a blessing, it brought that memory of my father to me, which otherwise I think I would have forgotten.  The poor turtle didn't lay any eggs today, probably because we were taking her picture and aaron kept trying to move her along with a stick. (sorry for the bad picture)


On a sad note, Aaron killed my rhubarb.  A couple weeks ago I noticed all my raspberry bushes were dying.  He had sprayed them with weed killer thinking they were pricker bushes.  Well today I noticed all my rhubarb (minus 1 plant) was also dying.  He wanted to spray the prickers and weed growing on the fence in the back yard, which my rhubarb grows beneath.  So sadly, the rhubarb is now dying.  A few tears were shed, but oh well.  In the future I'm not letting Aaron buy weed killer.  

 Dying plant :(

The only living plant left after hurricane Aaron.

The living room floor is being planed today, which is very loud.  I tried to take a nap in the camp chairs out in the shade of the garage, but aaron was using his saw which isn't any better than the planer.  My body is exhausted, especially my legs and hips and eye lids.  It doesn't help that my stomach has been keeping me awake at night.  I see a very long afternoon nap in the air conditioned bedroom coming very soon.  And Im happy to report I haven't fallen since Friday :)  I just might be getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment